Saturday, September 6, 2008

Attempting the impossible (baking and crafty-ness)


Ignore the table, look at the MUFFINS!!

So, I got a bug that gave me this urge to bake. So I've got recipes for Zucchini Bread, and I've got tons of new recipes for meal and stuff. That means that I've been getting pretty creative with meals, which isn't always as good as it should or sounds to be. So, the kitchen of my one bedroom apartment is full to the brim: with appliances up on top of our cupboards, and our cupboards are stuffed with food, no sense of organization, just jumbled and stuck where ever anything'll fit.

But there are still things I'm learning, like how much do I fill my muffin cups, how to start the grill, and how much of something to cook. Mark has this thing where he sometimes can't stand to see food still left in the pan at dinner time, I'm trying to tell him he CAN leave things for leftovers, so he can take them for lunch the next day...Some days he's better at remembering than others.

Well, and along with the baking bug - there's the crafty bug that I've somehow caught, as well. Vinyl lettering, scrapbooking, making my DVDs labels, I'm also planning on making my own jewelry (cheaper!!), preparing our CTR 6 class, and my visiting teaching lessons, and preparing family home evening stuff. Yeah it's been allot of fun thinking up new things to do. Now the only thing to do is: finish up my Thank You cards. (Pretty soon, I promise!)

Oh, and there is also finding places for all the "pets" Mark brings home. We've got little catfish, a snapping turtle and a painted turtle, a bunch of gamboosia (not sure how to spell it..), two crayfish, a bunch of North American Koi (goldfish), and now two betas. The betas are mine, I bought them to put in the vases I have from the wedding. (I put some "lucky" bamboo in each of the beta vases! It looks so cool!) We'll have to see if his next job introduces any more pets into our home...

So far it's been pretty exciting, and it really has been a blessing to be where we are, both in the journey of our lives, and spiritually. I know I for one look at things from a different point of view than I ever have, and it really is refreshing. I understand a whole lot more now, and even though we don't have children yet, I know where you're coming from mom! Thank you so much!! But We feel truly blessed to be where we are, in general.

Oh and we've also got a photobucket! (Adding photos to the blog is sometimes hard, so we'll post a few on the blog and the rest will be on photobuscket!) Here's the link: http://photobucket.com/Team_allcollard To check out our other albums, click one of the links on the left!!

All our love - always, Mark and Bry

0 post-its: