Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life in an apartment 101

















Alright, so I figured it was about time that we post about this. DO NOT worry, everything is fine, and taken care of. Mark is in the process of making a "super-lock" for the door. Things are fine, we're fine. But here's the info anyways.

Date of event: Sunday, Aug 10, 2008

Me and Mark went to the temple yesterday, we bought the curtains for our bedroom (because the sunlight is blinding!!), and I finally figured out what I want to outline and dicuss in my lesson for Relief Society tomorrow. I took a nap, Mark was taking apart his new shotgun, and forgot to wake me up, so at 9:30pm, I woke up and started working on my lesson, oops. But I got it figured out and everything's fine. We read our scrpitures and went to bed.

At 2:15 am, Sunday morning, I wake up because this guy is pounding on our door. And I'm not talking "Hello, this is the pizza man" knocking on the door. I mean like, he was really mad or like we were in his house. I woke Mark up, and Mark went to the door, and started talking thru the door the guy on the other side, that this is our apartment, and his name is Mark. I called 911, told the officers that this guy was pounding on our door, and where we were at. Well, the guy pounding on the door was looking for some guy named Thomes, in apartment 6307. (We live in 4306.) I get done talking to the police, they're sending an officer over, and me and Mark go back in the bedroom and start to say a prayer. Half way thru our prayer, I hear the front door swing open. I look up and say, "Mark, they're in, they're in here!" He then walks out of the bedroom, and these people were in the apartment, pretty much all the way to the back by the bedroom. I call 911 again, cuz now they aren't just outside the door, they are in our apartment. Mark talks to them, and he figures out who they're looking for, and that they indeed are at the wrong apartment. No apologies, no "hey dude, I'm sorry about your door" no sorry about that. Well, the cops come, and pick up the drunk guys. (Yes they were drunk, they thought a 6 was a 7, and they just kicked in our door!) The door jamb and frame are in shreds, and the door doesn't lock anymore, they completely kicked it in. So we filed a police report, but are not pressing charges (If that changes, I'll repost).

But we find out today, from the maintainence guy that came to fix the door, that we have to pay for damages ourselves. So, like always, money is going to be tight for a while. But this is all a part of life I guess. And now you know why this was posted at a later date, I know it would have scared and shocked a few of you, and you would probably have been super stressed and worried about me and Mark. We love all of you, but we do know that we (your children) are reasonsible for your gray hairs, and we also don't want you to worry and stress about us too much. Especially when we're doing fine.

(Oh, and my lesson was about Establishing the Cause of Zion, and my end thought was how the home is a refuge from the wickedness of the world. How's that for irony?! I felt absolutlely sick to my stomache trying to go to bed last night. Mark stayed up until about 5:30 before he drifted off, I couldn't fall asleep, everytime I closed my eyes I had a picture of those guys coming back. But one thing I kept thinking about also, is that, 2 monthes ago, I was here all alone. What would have happened then? I am so very grateful for my husband, and how he really does protect and watch over me. I love him so very very much!!!)

Love love LOVE always, bry and mark

0 post-its: