Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Starting off


Hi everybody!! I'm starting this to try to keep everybody posted on the goings-on of our life out here in Colorado. We're so far away from everybody and I think this is a good way to keep everybody in the loop, mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, brothers, sisters, friends and anybody else who may find themselves wondering, How are Bry and Mark doing? So... We'll post pictures and updates on what's going on with the jobs, life, and anything new that goes on. This is not an "out" to stop calling anybody, this is just a way to let everybody know how things are. If anything serious comes up, you can assure yourself, phone calls WILL be made, so don't think this is an excuse to not call. I, for one, feel I have to call home, and I know Mark feels the same. So again, this is not going to replace phone calls, this is just a sort of bulletin to keep friends and family in the know on whats happening. Technically, this could also be deemed as journaling, but we'll have to see.... :)



Hmm, so me and Mark have been out here in Colorado for just over a month now. We moved right on in, and we have stuff on top of the cupboards, out in the storage on the porch, out in the garage- our little one bedroom apartment is filled to the brim with all sorts of papers, plastic grocery bags, DVD's, video games, photos and wall hangings, towels, and all sorts of appliances. It is really nice, tho, I almost know where everythig is - Now it's just a matter of both, me and Mark, putting everything away in the same spot. (When we unload the dishwasher, we never put something away in the same spot, so we can never find it again!!)



My job has kept me busy, way busy, and I just had the mid-year appraisal meeting. I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect, and I've been noticing that the people I work with tend to focus on the bad things. But I passed the appraisal, and we set goals for Decemeber. My boss's have also been impressed with the progress I've made, and my accomplishments. I'm the youngest person in the CAD department, and the only girl. It's almost as if I inherited 10 older brothers. But they've realized they can't pick on me without getting cheek back, they call it attitude, I call it defense...

Mark pretty much got a job as soon as he moved here. He works for Colorado Mosquito Control. He drives to the shop here in Brighton, and then goes to "his area" out in Boulder. He's getting pretty familiar with the Boulder area, too bad everybody in Boulder is nuts! But he's been fishing out there a few times, and caught some good fish, he has to cook them up, because I don't know how to do it right. But he's also been catching pets for our empty fish tank. We had a toad, named Berry, for a few weeks a while ago, and we have just recently aquired a painted turtle name Ham & Cheese.

The bishop in our new ward didn't hesitate to get our records (he's been trying to get mine for 3 monthes now.) and we spoke 2 weeks ago. Also, they wasted NO time at all in giving us a calling. We are going to be teaching the CTR 7 class. Which is hopefully going to be a lot of fun, we're both excited about the calling. And as of next week, both me and Mark will have had the opportunity to have taught our auxillary classes. We're excited to have been welcomed into the ward like we have been, and it's quite a switch from our single's ward. But it's a very welcomed switch, we're grateful for it!

Love always, bry and mark

0 post-its: