Saturday, September 13, 2014

Being picky

So as a mom I feel entitled to complete control over the remote during the day. (When Shark is home, we watch our cooking shows.) I pick the shows the boys watch, yes boys, cuz now The Colonel watches the moving pictures too. The reason I pick the shows is cuz I'm sitting there with them and I'm not watching some stupid mind numbing, child dumbing show.

I pick the shows but kids are also fickle. Danger gets to pick from the ones I want to watch. Some days, it's a Netflix day and we watch Justin Time, Peg + Cat, Phineas and Ferb, Dinosaur Train or a Disney movie. Other days, it's HuluPlus and we watch WordWorld, The Doozers, Fraggle Rock or Veggie Tales.  And if I'm feeling good, we watch Amazon Prime, with its limited availability of Tumble Leaf, Creative Universe,   and Blue's Room. Shows we also watch : Team Umizoomi, Blue's Clues, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Wild Kratts, Leap Frog shows, Bob the Builder, Dora, Diego, Lego shows.

If I'm in a REALLY good mood, I'll allow DragonTales, Thomas & Friends, or Super Hero Squad Show.

I DO NOT allow Yo Gabba Gabba, Barney, Spongebob, Ni Hao Kilan, or My Big Big Friend. Either for personal dislike or character flaws. We generally watch shows that are right for his age. He learned his alphabet by watching WordWorld.

Either way, I'm in charge and he watches what I let him. Sometimes if I'm grumpy, I watch my cooking shows and he just has to find something else to do or watch them with me. He likes them sometimes. Sometimes momma just needs grownups on tv, and needs a break from spelling words to music. I think he needs a break too. I know I've missed some shows either on the GOOD list or the BAD one but it just comes down to this : I pick what he watches, he picks from what I pick. We like with the arrangement.

I fully understand all moms are different and choose different things and ways and arrangements. I was bored today and wanted to post something and thought of all this as we watched WordWorld (again) and figured I'd share this instead of me whining about my sickos.

All my love.

0 post-its: