Saturday, October 25, 2014

We don't take naps

We recharge our little happy batteries.

So Danger hasn't taken naps in a while. Every now and then he'll take one. Well, he'll be turning 3 in 2 weeks, so he has been an absolute terror. I think he's thrown more tantrums and fits in the past month than he has his entire life.

Around 3, he usually has a meltdown down major fit. There is no reasoning with him. Yesterday I used "Everything is awesome" as a lullaby to calm him down.

Here's the convo, once the singing was done:

I don't think you're very happy right now.
- No I'm not.
I think you need to take a break and recharge your happy batteries.
- My happy batteries?
Yeah, they are what keep you happy. And I think yours are empty. You need to fill them back up.
- How do I fill them back up?
Well, you lay down and close you eyes. Resting recharges everyone's batteries.
- Resting? Like taking a nap?
Yes, exactly. So do you want to take a short nap to recharge your happy batteries?
- Yes please mom.

So he laid down and look a nap. When he woke up he said, "All charged and happy, mom!"

I think he gets it. Just sometimes I need to take a deep breath and talk it out to him. I'm not really sure if he understood, but he seemed to. And he was pretty happy when he woke up.

We had to do the same thing again today.

He's recharging his happy batteries right now. I said he needed a little nap to recharge them, he said, "No mom, a big nap, please" so we'll see when he wakes up/I wake him up.

Here's to having BOTH boys recharge their batteries at the same time. :)

0 post-its: