Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Puppy and crafts

Well, I've kinda figured out something about our puppy. He's a true Collard - he snores. Mark and I'll just be sitting there watching a movie with the Bandit at our feet, and all the sudden I look over at Mark, nope, he's still awake. I look down, yup the pup is snoozing and snoring!! It's ridiculous! So, next time we're in Utah, steer clear of ma and pa Collards, it'll be pretty noisy, we ALL snore!! Anyways, the puppy is pretty cute, he was fetching his squeaker duck today. And when he runs, his ears flop! And he bounds around the house, but sometimes, he prances. See the video. :)




But he also sits really funny for a puppy, well, for a dog. Yeah he just sits funnier than any other dog I've ever seen. He sits with his legs sticking out so they look like chicken legs. It's pretty funny. When he chews on toys, this is how he sits. And when he "sits" like a good puppy, he usually slouches down and looks like he's really tired or like he's just relaxing! He's so darn cute.


Anyways. So lately, I have been crafting. And not a tons of crafting, but enough to keep me interested in it for weeks to come. I don't *try* to do so much that I get burnt out over it, but sometimes that happens. Anyways, I wanted to try this Book Shelf idea, Mark was the knife behind it, he cut it out and everything, and hung it on the wall, so technically this does NOT count towards me 3 crafts for the year. But here is where I found the tutorial here at U-Create Kari's site, she posts a link to CutOutAndKeep.net. Both of these sites have a TON of awesome stuff that I would like to try! But, I went to GoodWill and got a book for $2 or something, and it was really awesome that I got THIS book, 1) it's orange 2) it matches our orange room and 3) it says Caribbean on it. Yeah it's awesome. (I bought the Ocean candle from a little boy in the Wal-Mart parking lot, he said "Hey ma'am, you ever been to the ocean, ma'am? Well, it doesn't matter cuz I just brought the ocean to you, ma'am. Here ma'am you should buy this candle, ma'am, so you can always have the ocean with you ma'am." Yeah it was one of those cheap pick-up lines, I fell for it.... Now you know how Mark got my knees to go weak...;)
I'll have to share more on the crafts later, I'm still continuing with the sandals idea, so far I've sold 2 pairs! Yay!! And I created another wallet, this one is way cute, and I've figured out a way to make them way cute, add embelishments and stuff. I also have one long-term craft, that is in the works, but it has major potential for awesomeness! I'll post pictures and give more info when I can. Some of these may end up being gifts, so I want them to be a surprise still. :)
Mark and I are doing good, things have been good so far, we've been safe, cute and happy. :) Next friday is our 1 year anniversary, we're pretty excited!! But at the same time, wondering where on earth did the time go? It doesn't feel like a year already! I guess time flows differently when you're with your best friend. Plus when we look back and all we've had to deal with this past year, yeah it does feel like a year, heck, it feels like 5 years!! (I heard a Darryl Worley song today, it's called "Sounds Like Life To Me" -Sounds like life to me, aint no destiny Yeah, the only thing for certain is uncertainty You gotta hold on tight, just enjoy the ride Get used to all this unpredictability, sounds like life Man, I know its tough but you gotta suck it up To hear you talk youre caught up in some tragedy Sounds like life to me.- It is so true!!) We feel so blessed to have each other to share this life and this journey with. I couldn't have asked for a better companion and friend than Mark is. He really is amazing.
love always, bry & mark