Thursday, January 26, 2012

Recipe Thursday

I figured you all like to eat, cuz I know I do. I love food. I've decided to share some of my recipes with you.

My first recipe to share is : All American Cheeseburger Soup

I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens. I tried it, and we love it! Ooh, eat it with pickles!

Cheeseburger soup
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 stalk celery
2 T flour
(2) 14-oz cans beef broth
2 medium potatoes
(1) 14-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
(1) 8-0z package shredded cheese (2 C)
(1) 6-oz can tomato paste
¼ C ketchup
2 T mustard
1 C milk

Toasted buns
Cheeseburger toppings: pickles, onions, lettuce

-In stew pot, cook beef, onion, celery, & garlic over medium heat until meat is brown & veggies are tender. Drain. Sprinkle flour on beef mix, cook & stir 2 minutes.
-Stir in broth & potatoes, bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Simmer, cover for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
-Stir in tomatoes, cheese, tomato paste, ketchup & mustard. Cook & stir until cheese is melted & smooth & soup comes to gentle boil.
-Stir in milk; heat thru.
-Serve with toasted buns and cheeseburger toppings.


*We highly recommend with pickles, it’s tastes pretty dang good.*

This is not my personal recipe, I got it from Better Homes and Gardens. Also, I didn't take a picture because whenever I take pictures of food, it always looks bad. So I didn't even try this time. :)

0 post-its: