Friday, March 15, 2013

epic fail

So remember back in January when I was super excited to start a new cleaning regime....

You remember - the 15 minutes of cleaning a day...

It sounded so simple, so easy, so effortless.....

HA!

I think I did it for 3 days and then totally fell off that wagon.

If anything, my house is MORE cluttered and dirty now than when I tried to start...

Trust me, it's not pretty.

Every other day I try to at least pick up Danger's toys in the living room.

(The living room is where we spend most of our days {chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool...} so that room is the disaster area...) Sorry to anyone who comes over or peeks in my windows.....

When I first saw the 15 minutes of cleaning plan, it sounded so awesome. And I was so excited to start.

But you know, I buy things and in order to fend off the little destroyer I put them on the table. And there they sit.

It really is awful. (I'm airing out the dirty laundry for you!) When we eat dinner at the table, which isn't very often, we just keep moving everything over. Keep stacking it up. Keep shoving it over. Yeah. How terrible is that?

Ugh. Seriously. Ugh.

I keep trying to declutter and clean everything, but every time I start, I can't look narrow enough to focus on ONE single task at hand. And I get overwhelmed.

I few friends of mine have done the 40 bags in 40 days.
source
And I think I could do that one... Maybe not in 40 days consecutively, but maybe 1 bag a Saturday or something. We'll just have to see.

Here's hoping I can work on #35 - Continue de-cluttering house....

0 post-its: