Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July STUFF!

July 4th is here! The boys went off and fished all weekend, and I hung out with Heather and crafted. I was trying to come up with a 4th of July craft, and was looking for wooden stars at Walmart, but couldn't find any. I found a bunch of popsicle sticks. {When in doubt get popsicle sticks} and I picked up one of the magical 18 packs of washclothes, in the red, white and blue colors. :) How great of Walmart to put those washclothes in a pack for me already! Well, I hot glued the popsicle sticks into a star shape, and then hot glued a washcloth to the star, then cut the washcloth out to fit the star shape, then hot glued another set of popsicle sticks on the back to the washcloth. I made a popsicle stick/washcloth sandwich. I then painted the popsicle sticks red, white or blue.... Heather had some red, white, blue shoelaces laying around, so we used those as hangers. :)

Ta Da! For 4th of July, we had a barbeque, the folks were somewhere lost in Wyoming, and we hung out together, Shark & me, Heather & Steve. Heather had an idea to make a Flag Cake, We went and bought strawberries, and blueberries, and I made frosting, and she baked a cake. It was actually pretty freaking delicous! {I can honestly say, I haven't really eaten fresh blueberries, so I wasn't really ready for blueberries. They were kinda spiky, and I didn't really like them a whole lot.

Crockpots cooking ribs on the counter make a wonderful smell to wake up to!! I went to Kent's for dogfood and some other awesome food, and I found an awesome deal! Spare ribs for $1.48/lb! So I bought 2. Heather cut them up, and we stuffed them in 3 crockpots and let them cook for a day! It was awesome!

These ribs turned out amazing!! But I realized, I don't like ribs that have a lot of fat, so I wasn't enjoying the ribs that much, but they got great reviews from the rest of the crew!

I was bored later that day, when it was still light out, too early for fireworks but everyone is napping. I needed something to do, my brain just doesn't shut off! I found a recipe for homemade gummies at Not So Idle Hands. I had everything I needed to it, so I just made up a bunch of gummies.

Heather *LOVES* gummies. I bought some of these awesome cute ice cube trays from the dollar store, and from the DI {Utah thrift store} and those made some awesome molds for gummies!

They were pretty gummy, almost rubbery. But they were still really good!

These were some star ice cube trays I got at Walmart. Walmart has good deals, but these gummie were HUGE!

Box of gummies for Heather. She ate them all weekend, they were pretty aweome and fun to make.

4th of July was aweome, I loved it. :)

0 post-its: