Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

Alright, for those of you who know me : you know I am NOT an early riser. Not a morning person. I'd love to just sleep until noon every day! (sigh) But alas, that is not possible.

It certainly wasn't possible this morning! We've been talking to people at church about a food co-op program called Bountiful Baskets. Well, I figured I'd take a look.

I registered and then ordered my first share of fruits and veggies. The pick up time was 7:00 AM this morning. It wasn't very far to go to my "team site" - there are lots to pick from depending on how far you want to drive I guess.

So my alarm went off at 6:30, I got up, put my contacts in, and hopped in my truck. I took the red truck, we're trying to sell it, and who better to sell it to then people who are food co-op, right? (Ok, my thinking was, these are frugal people, if they need a vehicle, they aren't going to be buy it new, so might as well drive that once, in case one of them is looking for a new little red truck!)

I waited in line, got my 1 basket of fruit and my 1 basket of veggies and loaded into my laundry basket then into my truck. I started on my way home.

I get home with my heavy basket of produce and I called Shark upstairs to see me bounty! It really is a ton!

Then he says, "I drive that truck all over, for hours a day and not one person ever calls. But you put a pretty girl in a truck with a for sale sign, and bam! The phone starts ringing!" Apparently, on my way to the co-op, some one called him (it's his number on the truck!) to ask him about the truck.

Next time, I'll have to remember who people would be calling! Anyways, this Bountiful Baskets thing seems pretty awesome. I'm excited to do it. I don't think we'll do it each week, because we don't eat tons and tons of fruit and veggies. (Maybe once we have the Little Man and he starts eating foods and stuff, we'll do it every week...) But I think for now, every other week, maybe. I mean, $15 a week for awesome produce is NOT bad at all!

Go to BountifulBaskets.org to find a site in your area and to learn about more!! It's not just a Utah thing, they've got this program all over. It doesn't hurt to take a look!!

Love to those who are eating good in the neighborhood! ♥

0 post-its: