Wednesday, July 6, 2011

get set go!

Alright, this week I'm 20 weeks into my pregnancy. Half way.

Last night was the first time I felt Little Man move. I'm pretty excited. I'd be even more excited if him moving wasn't punches to my kidneys or bladder or stomach - but I'll take what I can get.

This week is the first week I "contributed" to Bountiful Baskets. It's a nonprofit organization that offers fresh fruit and veggies. We've heard via friends from church that you get tons of fruits & veggies. I'm excited to see what we get.

I finished 2 projects yesterday! Yayayayayay!

First one : A purse crocheted from plarn (plastic yarn) ((other plastic bags!)).

Here is a link on how to make plarn. Here is YouTube video on how to make plarn. I basically didn't use a pattern, I just made it up as I went along. But here's a pattern for a basic bag. I used a single crochet. This pattern uses a half-double crochet. Probably makes it stronger and more durable.

My next project is : A baby swaddler!!

I found it on Shannon Makes Stuff! I fell in love with this, because everybody says it's so hard to keep babies swaddled. This seemed to solve the problem. My only issue is : I made it too big. I did NOT follow the measurements at all on the pattern. {In fact, the first time I started cutting, I cut big 8 in squares out of the corners... Then I looked again, EPIC FAIL!!} SO if you make this, be sure to click on the link for the measurement post.

Mine could swaddle a 2 year old.

So there are my finished projects for the week. Hopefully, I'll have more done. I'm also hoping to post a tutorial on how to make plarn and start a bag! If I post it on my craft blog, I'll be sure to link it up here!

Love ♥ to those who made this Indepence Day possible. All the men and women serving this country, in the past, present and future.

0 post-its: