Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome Little Man

Ok, so it's been a while since I've been around. {Maybe not as long as I think it has, but it feels like a while!}

Last Wednesday, we welcomed our Little Man into the world! Yayayayayayayay!

It really was an awesome experience! And, if you'll bear with me, I will share the story.

We had an induction time and date. I was set to go in Tuesday, November 8th at 8pm, to start PREPARING for the induction. The induction was planned to start on the morning of the 9th. They had me take a pill that would help get me going, and hopefully dilate to about a 2. Well, they gave me the pill at 8pm, when I got there, and my contractions were 5 minutes apart.

They were planning on starting pitosin (makes you dilate real fast!) around midnight... My water broke at 11:26pm. (I know, cuz I was texting my mom all the info) They checked to see how dilated I was at 12:39, and I was already at a 7! I got my epidural in when they checked me. The contractions were way bad!

All the nurses and doctors around were impressed and surprised that everything was happening so fast. The doctors and nurses came in at 1am, and got everything ready to have a baby. My epidural was a great one, I couldn't feel any contractions once it was in, and they had to tell me when I was having a contraction so I could push. 5 pushes later, Little Man was in the doctors hands. We had him at 1:21am, he was 5lbs 12oz and 20 inches long!

Shark even cut the umbilical cord. I was sorta surprised, he's kinda sqeemish. But he took it like a champ. Little Man had a few little things that were not bad really, but not good. His heart rate was low (due to the medication I am on) and his glucose was low, so they put him the nursery for 2 days and had him on a glucose drip. Because of the medication I'm on, the doctors don't want me to breastfeed, so formula it is. We went to the nursery for every feeding, and Shark was {and still is} so excited to help out with that part of parenthood.

Shark really does enjoy every second of it,

We got to take Little Man home at a normal time, neither of us were in the hospital longer than normal for a birth. We went home on Friday!
My mom has been here to help me get used to being a mom, and she's been taking some pictures of the little guy.
Both Shark and I agree, he's been alot of fun. Both of us are so in love with the little guy. It certainly doesn't help that he has been a pretty easy baby so far. He eats like a champ (already up to eating 4 oz!) and he's past his birth weight. {The dr said it usually takes babies 2 weeks to regain their birth weight, but our Little Man is already above and beyond his!} He sleeps like a champ, 4 hours at a time! And of course he's pooping like a champ too!

It trully is a blessing, having him. We are so grateful for all the prayers and well wishes. I'll try to keep up on posting pictures of him. Really the only hard thing about it is choosing which pictures to post! I know I can't post them all!!

Here is his 1 week picture. I'm planning on doing the laundry basket picture at least once a month so we can watch him grow!

Here's his first bath!

And a few of his cuteness! Love you all! ♥

3 post-its:

Leslie Ann

I am so glad you posted this! Happy to hear that all went well and enjoyed seeing the pictures. He is such a doll! :)


Thanks for posting the birth story! Congratulations on becoming a Mommy! I'm glad that Little Man has been a good baby so far.


I love him, he is so cute!!! Congratulations guys you did an amazing job!