Wednesday, February 29, 2012

memory lane

So Shark and I were going thru boxes today.ok so we were really cleaning out 'The Den' for this weekend. (We're planning on having all the kids go upstairs to 'The Den' and watch Tv, after Danger's blessing.)

So we cleared out the whole Den, boxes and guns and bullets and papers were in there. We threw out lots of stuff, so when we were going thru some papers, I came across a journal from high school. Ugh. I flipped open to a page, and was flooded with memories and thoughts, and regrets. {I wasn't a nice person in high school.} So, Shark and I were talking about it, and I told him, I wanted to burn the journal. It's not something I want my kids reading, my husband reading, or even me reading again. I had pushed those memories away, and they came back so vividly and suddenly - I wasn't expecting it at all. I found myself embarrassed about who I was.

I have changed so much since high school. I am not the same person, I don't have the same priorities, same dreams, same plans. I have turned a complete 180. My life has changed so much, and I have so much to be grateful for. I have been so blessed.

I understand the trials and choices I've gone thru and made have brought me to where I am right now. I have learned from the mistakes I've made. I realized where my life was going and I changed it. I found someone to love me for who I was and am. I am so grateful for him. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple, of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We have a son, one who is THE cutest little guy ever! I never thought any of this was possible, not with who I was. I am so very blessed, and I am grateful to see it.

So, I had a short walk down memory lane, and I hated it. I am grateful for the expirences I've had, but more grateful for how things turned out. :)

At least out house is clean! Yayayayayay!

0 post-its: