Friday, February 15, 2013

this is how it goes

So, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of couponing. It just doesn't seem to work for me. I clip all the coupons, I search the sites to match up the deals - and I still am not seeing the benefits.

I know, the books and sites said it would take a while to see the return on couponing. But I seriously don't think I need 48 individual sets of Febreeze air freshener plug ins! I don't use those, I don't need them. I have a wax melter. Our house smells pretty dang good.

So I stopped my newspaper order. For now at least.

I know canceling the subscription isn't going to get us out of debt single handed but it is definitely a step in the right direction. Right now, every little bit helps and every little bit feels like we're moving in the right direction. Even if it's just whittling away at the debt instead of chopping it up....

Shark and I are also working on getting healthy. (We feel Danger is healthy - he runs laps around us!!) I have been going to the gym and drinking lots of water. I have also been making dinner every night, with sides! We don't go out to eat near as much. (Yeah we went out for Valentine's Day, but that was planned and we had a gift card!) So I feel like we've been getting healthier, at least working our way towards it.

Yeah - we're just keeping on. Just chilling really.

Shark starts his new job next week, and we're so excited! Hopefully he'll be switching to days for the rest of the semester. Then, he'll be able to sleep when I sleep! You have NO idea how awesome that is going to be.  (Unless you or someone in your house has every worked graveyards....)

Danger has been so stinking cute lately. He just jabbers to himself and just chats away. He giggles uncontrolably, sometimes at nothing at all.... I love being able to just chill with him.

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to. (also some videos....)












See you all later!

0 post-its: