Sunday, August 30, 2009

KNIFE ME!!

So I posted earlier that Mark has been making a sheath for his new sword, wait, it's a knife. So when I stole his camera from work (which is still sitting on my desk here by the computer dock...) I took pics of his snife...(I totally just made that word up!) I also took some pictures to show the SIZE of said snife, in relation to one of my shoes (size 7-8, its a flip flop...) and also in relation to one of my hands. I'll see about getting a picture in relation to Mark's hands. It's neccessary to note that Mark has MUCH bigger hands than I do, therefore, it doesn't look like a sword when he's around it, it looks like a knife. When I'm about it, it looks like a sword. But he made it so his belt can go thru the top metal loops, and then it'll latch around his leg like Dirty Harry, which I think looks way good! And I like his design. When he first started whittling the wood for the sheath, he said he might want a plastc sheath, and he asked me (I'm very oppinionated!) I said NO, keep what you got, you like the wood sheaths better. And he did and he likes it! :)





Mark works for a pest control company, and had a "stinging insects" job this past week. The job pertained to Yella Jackets. Well, Mark has a bee suit (I know, right?!) I have never seen him in it, but can only guess to how studly he makes this suit look. (ooh baby!) But he said he was kneeling down to spray the foundation, and had a gap between his boot and the elastic of the suit, and 3 Yella jackets got it, and apparently got trapped between his boon and his leg. The boot didn't feel pain when they stung that, so they went for flesh. He came home in so much pain! He must have gotten stung at least 20 times! He said couldn't squash them by hitting this ankle, so he had to find them and take them out and squish them individually. I put an ice pack on him after a while of him limping from pain, which is totally understandable because he swelled up so much! He said he had pain all the way his leg for a whole 2 days!!


Lately the Bandit has been going completely nuts when we leave! He has chewed up the straps on my laptop backpack (the one we had to search out for because my laptop is so freaking huge!!), he's chewed 2 purses, 2 pairs of flip flops, 1/2 of a craft, and (1) 25' long CAT-5 cable - that hooks the Wii to our router, the corner of our sofa, 1/8 of a bag of chocolate chips, 3 cables from Mark's work camera, my camera - the one we got at the wedding, and tons of carboard paper rolls, socks, and his toys. YAY for teeth! But we love our little bearded pup anyways!!

PS: Angie and Gerrit stopped by tonight (after a game of Bombay!) and Gerrit hooked up our wireless internet! Thank you so much! No more cables for the pup to chew! and it's so easy and nice to turn on the computer and web search rather than turn it on, hook up all 16 cables in back, check to see if the internet is working, wait 10 minutes... Thank you!! The first they said when they walked in was "Woah! Bandit DOES have a beard!! And he's huge!!" LOL! It was pretty funny. But after getting Bandit used to Kai and Ryker, he stopped running everywhere and settled down. Of course it also helped that we put him in the kitchen. Ryker was getting terrorized by the Bandit, and Kai was next on Bandit's list! Thank you again for stopping over!!

0 post-its: