Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby Blanket

So, I've been working on Little Man's quilt. I've been working on it for a while. It's taken me a while to get it done. The pattern I love is the Wonky Log Cabin I found from Quilt Dad. I found this pattern back when I made a blanket for my niece. I love this pattern because it's very forgiving and easy to work with. Plus, I get to pick like 12 fabrics that I can incorporate, which makes it playful and fun!!

Here are the squares as I got them done. The finishing dimensions of this part of the squares is 9"
Once I got the squares done, I put on a 3" floating white border. Then I cut the square down to 12". {This is the only thing I regret about the blanket, is that it's small. The blanket I made for my niece was bigger. The Wonky patterened squares were 12", and the the final dimension on the white float border was 15". Oh well...}
I cut out Little Man's name on the Cricut and then used those letters to cut out fabric letters. I layered the fabric letters with blue fleece (from an old project).

 I sewed these letters on the flannel backing for his blanket.



I sewed a square between the white float border and the patterened log cabin to secure the backing to the front {quilting style}.

And here is the finished product!  I really do love how it turned out! At first I bought green binding, but I'm REALLY glad I went with the blue!!  I really do love this blanket. It's not heavy enough to be a quilt but I love that it's a small blanket, something he can carry around with him as he gets older!! :)

Love to all those who love babies!! ♥ 

0 post-its: