Monday, December 19, 2011

birthday

So, I completely spaced (it's been that kind of month, year actually!) My brain has been missing since I got pregnant and clearly hasn't returned now that I'm no longer harboring a fugitive...

Shark had a birthday on the 5th! I went all out and made him a cake! From scratch! I can totally check off number 65 on my List! I made the cake from scratch AND the frosting from scratch!

I used Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate cake recipe. And I used the Chocolate frosting recipe at the bottom of the cake recipe. Both turned out great tasting.

I did have an oops, tho. I didn't take the cakes out the pans after they cooled a bit, so they got stuck in the pans. I shook 1 round out of its pan, but the other 2 would not budge, so I ended up scraping them into a bowl. Shark ate the cake bits with frosting and thought it was awesome. Also, I doubled the frosting recipe because it says it makes about 2 cups... and in my head, 2 cups is just not enough frosting for a cake. So I had a TON leftover frosting.

It ended up turning out pretty good. I used the cake bits and the left over frosting for my holiday Cake Balls. I love making these, they are delicious! (That'd my hand not his!)

I got Shark really big peanut butter cups! They were a 1/2 pound each! I found them in the Christmas candy aisle at Wal-Mart. Delicious!

Love to birthdays! ♥

0 post-its: