Sunday, July 26, 2009

Company Picnic Y'all!!

So, the company picnic was Western themed, so Mark wore his cowboy hat, belt buckle and his plaid shirt, he looked rugged. I wore my denim vest and a bandana in my hair. Well, I was pretty excited when they announced the start of the door prizes (last year we got a $50 gift card to Home Depot!) So when we got to the last 2 prizes and they still hadn't called my name, I started to get nervous!! But, then they pulled out my name! And I won a voucher for a FREE plane ticket!! Sweet deal! (Yeah it's only 1, and Mark and I usually travel together, so, we'll end up buying 1 ticket anyways, but buying 1 is better than buying 2!) So, I was pretty stoked about that!! LOL! And we played BINGO again this year, but only 6 rounds, rather than last years 10 or 12, and I didn't get lucky at BINGO and neither did Mark, but still, a free plane ticket is a pretty good haul for the day! :) SO yayay!! (Yes, I brought the camera, but NO I didn't use it, sorry!)

I also bought some fabric to make some skirts. Once I have them made, I'll post the finished products. I'm pretty excited about making skirts, the patterns seem way easy, Grosgrain has a really cute one I'm going to try. Crafty Chic as a cute one as well! And this Sewing Skirt Patterns site had lots I wanted to try, The Wrap Skirt, and the Circle Skirt! So, yeah I'm pretty excited about this next project (I'm still in the middle of one, but it's on pause for now, at least until I get the final piece from my brother! So, yeah, we'll see how my skirt endeavor turns out. :)

Lots of love, bry and mark

0 post-its: