Monday, July 13, 2009

Grand Canyon on a whim...

So, back in April, I had started looking for a puppy. I had my heart set on a German Wirehaired Pointer (that's the kind of dog Mark had growing up) and I looked everywhere. Well, around in Colorado, all the people selling the pups think only people with tons of money want puppies. I found someone selling a litter down in Arizona, for way cheap. So one weekend (when Steve and Heather were supposed to come visit but got snowed out) Mark and I headed out to Camp Verde to pick up our puppy. On the way back, Mark wanted to see the Grand Canyon, since it really didn't seem like it was out of our way. Well, after 2 hours of driving to the Grand Canyon (2 hours off our intended route home) we made it!! It was our first 3 hours with our new puppy (we decided to call him Bandit!) and his first outting with "Mom and Dad" was a visit to the Grand Canyon! (My parents NEVER took me there! It was my first time, and I loved it!) It was a very fun trip! Bandit was such a good puppy and
he didn't make a mess in truck at all!Pretty good for a 16 hour trip home! While going thru New Mexico, there was this ostrich farm I noticed on the way to AZ, it had a bunch of dinosaurs eating "people". So on the way home, we stopped and got ONE picture, it was all we had left! The trip was a lot of fun! :) We enjoyed to roap trip to pic up our newest Collard! :)
All the love, bry and mark

0 post-its: