Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lake Powell..... hip hip HORRAY!

Lake Powell is a place I have only ever heard about, so when Steve and Heather said some friends were going this summer and there was a spot open for us, we were totally excited for the trip! I waited to find out if Mark could get the time off work before I took my time off, I really didn't want to go without him. :) So when he was able to get the whole week off, we got even MORE excited!! A whole week in Lake Powell, on a house boat, no work, no cell phones, no
worries!! We had worked out the details with Steve and Heather, and we headed out for Utah Friiday night (we stopped in WY for some fireworks, hey it was over the weekend of the 4th!) So we got to the Collard's house at 2am, and went to bed at 3am, and Steve came to wake us up the head down to Powell at 4am. So after the first sluggish really slow day, the weekend took a turn for the best- it was amazing! Lake Powell is so gorgeous! I've been to Southern Utah before (Bryce Canyon and Escalante) but the Lake is so pretty. Mark took a video of the Cave we were in. (His own sound effects and everything!!) Our houseboat was in the shade all day, the only time we were in the sun was when we wanted to be in the sun. It was way nice to be out of the sun. BUT-- it didn't matter because I got sunburned the first day anyways, so yeah... Oh and, I DID put sunscreen on right away, even before we got out of the car at the Lake, I had to SPF 50 slathered on. So BAM, sunburned right outta the gate. So I was a thinker, and brought the Aloe Vera (just in case some dum-dum got sunburned....) I also brought ear plugs, Steve had joked with Mark and I about bringing earplugs because apparently Mark snores (who knew?!) so I brought a bunch, not so much for the snoring, I can't hear it, but also because there were babies on the houseboat, and it saved many nights. So, I also brought my camera, but yeah, you know me, and it stayed in my duffle bag the ENTIRE time, except when Mark took the video, and for the trip down to Powell. So most the pictures on here are from Steph Chugg (Thanks Steph!) We went wakeboarding, surfing, tubing, waterskiing, kneeboarding, swimming, cliff jumping, fishing, napping and reading! It was tons of fun. It was way nice to just relax and not have to worry about deadlines, emails, or getting prints. We enjoyed spending time with Steve and Heather, and it was so much fun to get to know their friends. It was such a fun group of people! We had such a great time! We stayed up late playing game everynight. We learned some new card games (Werewolf and Hand & Foot) and we played a bunch of group games, and it was so crazy fun (GREAT GROUP!!) It was just a bunch of laughes, hilarious times.

Our 4th of July was pretty cool. We went down to Lehi to spend the holiday with friends and the family. We went up to Harrisville early to visit my family, they hadn't seen the Bandit yet. In Lehi, we watching the Thanksgiving Point fireworks show, which is pretty awesome. We lit off a bunch of fireworks with people in the neighborhood, they were having a block party. It was pretty fun. The guys tried to dunk Ryan in the Dunk Tank, they threw from the Ninja Line, which was way far away. Steve dunked Ryan first and it finally came out what everybody already knew: Steve is a Ninja. We had lots of fun in Lehi. And Mark and I finally understand what everybody is talking about when they say Wipeout! The show is freaking funny!! LOL! We were laughing the entire show!! Sunday, we celebrated Steve's birthday (which was on Tuesday) and had cake, and then we headed home. It was really a great week and weekend, we had tons of fun! Thanks for inviting us!

Love, bry and mark

0 post-its: