Monday, April 1, 2013

Growth

So I found this Character Strengths Survey. I went to AuthenticHappiness.org and then down the main blue column to VIA Survey of Character Strengths.

It was kinda long, 240 questions, but it took about 10 minutes.

And I guess, the results surprised me. But happy and good surprise. I'm not going to share all of my results, as they are kinda personal, but I will share my top strength is Capacity to love and be loved : You value close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated. The people to whom you most close are the same people who feel most close to you.

I didn't anticipate being loved and loving was my top strength.

I will also share my #24 strength. (There are 24 strengths, they rank them all from 1-24 per your answers.)

My #24 weakness is Self-control and self-regulation : (surprise, surprise!) You self-consciously regulate what you feel and what you do. You are a disciplined person. You are in control of your appetites and your emotions, not vice versa. (Written as a strength.)

I'd say that is true. Sometimes I find it very hard to control myself...

Ok - now for other growth.

Danger is getting so big. He is 34 inches tall, and he weighs 23 lbs! I know it's not much of a change, but he seems like he's getting so big so fast. He seems to grow each week.

He is always moving, going around, looking at things, working things out, moving parts, turning wheels, pushing buttons, closing and opening. I can see it in his little eyes, him trying to figure things out, discovering how it works, how it happens.

He is ALWAYS going, never stopping. He only stops when I put The Incredibles on. He zones out to that movie, he can sit and watch the whole entire movie!!

Alright, now for the cute.
 playing with the chicks
 sweeping momma's floor
 getting them clean
 the Easter chicks we bought
 watching The Incredibles
 Mom, I'm trying to watch!
Watching friends play games

It's been pretty fun with this little guy! :)

0 post-its: