Friday, April 13, 2012

husband trumps blankets

I am married to a blanket hog. And he's a twitcher. He does not sleep in 1 spot, he moves around all night. Usually he has his blanket and I have mine. And usually that works great. But last night I has my blanket under his (mine is softer) and he too it just twisted up in it. And I don't know if you know this, but last night it was kinda chilly here in Northern Utah. I fought for those covers all night. I'd gain some ground and he'd twist and turn some weird way and all the sudden I was hanging onto a corner.

So tonight when I climbed into bed, I thought, "Ooh yes! I get the blankets!" cuz it's just as fun fighting yourself for the covers. (My husband works the night shift 3-4 nights a week.) I would rather have my husband here with me than blankets. {I would still love to have blankets but I want me hubby more.} And that's why husband trumps blankets.

When we were first married anyone that met us said we were perfect each other. He snores like a grizzly bear and I'm a heavy sleeper so I don't hear him. Shark eats anything, and I'm sorta picky about what I eat. And when we go places, if I can't finish what I order, Shark always does! Plus he usually always eats what I make. He just deposits the checks and I make sure it goes where it needs to go, when it needs to get there. It makes us a pretty awesome duo.

So my husband and I are coming up on 4 years here in about 2 months. It doesn't feel like 4 years. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it feels like only last week that we were getting photos taken around the temple and flying back from our cruise. Sometimes it feels like we're a very old married couple, we get up late, and try to go bed early, and we usually don't hang out with anyone else. We've been thru alot together. Open heart surgery. A break-in. Moving to CO. Moving to UT. Buying a houseGetting a puppy. Having a baby. Losing a job and getting a pay cut in the same week. Bee stings. Jury duty and Shark blogged. There's been way more things, but those are ones that stick out in my mind. We've gone fishing together, snowboarding, camping, and he even helped me get my hunter safety license. We're going to go kill something this year, he got an awesome new gun!

I love hanging out with him. My husband is my best friend and he is awesome. We've had a bit of bad times, but we have also had lots more very good times! The good out-weighs the bad. And things are only looking to get better.

love love love

0 post-its: