Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To be lazy

So, today a few things are happening. I opened my facebook today, to find many responses to my status. I put on my status: I'm wondering.... What's the point of health insurance, if health care just went universal. Woah!! I really didn't mean to open a can of worms! I had all kinds of comments and people fighting, telling me not to listen to someone else who commented. Now, I have come to realize that we all have different opinions and views and we also have different situations, situations that ALLOW and teach us to look at things in a different light. For example : Shark and I have come to realize that health insurance and health care is very neccesary in OUR lives. With an announcement of open heart surgery just 4 months after being married, yeah, we NEED health insurance. Shark is going to be working 2 jobs just so we can have health insurance. {It sucks big time, cuz I still don't have 1 job!!} But also in getting the announcement of open heart surgery, we have come to realize that family is so very important. He is the most important thing in my life, and I am the most important thing is his. I would do anything for my husband, and he's already proved over and over, that he would do anything for me. SO yeah, I'm uneducated about the whole health care reform thing, trust me, that is going to change. Now.... to find an unbiased writing of it.... I found a summary here...I especially "like" the part about "Ensuring shared responsibility." And then I found the bill in it's 1990 page entirety here. Go Mr. Dingell.... {yes, I laughed at his name, you already know I'm immature...} And Mr. Stark, I love you in Ironman....♥

Today is March 23rd, and today, the finaly installment in the Fablehaven series hits the stores!! Shark and I and his whole family are excited about it!! I'm pretty sure his folks pre-ordered, not 1, but 2 books!! Shark and I started reading it when his family sent us home with the first 3 books, back in November.

Today is also the last evening Shark will have where he is NOT working. So, we're making plans for tonight. Which means, we're going to be eating pie later, and probably watching a movie!!

Today I opened my email-inbox to find some exciting news. On Sunday, Obama signed the Congential Heart Futures Act. "On Sunday, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 3590, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, by a vote of 219-212. The bill included the CHD patient registry and NIH research provisions from the Congenital Heart Futures Act (S. 621/H.R. 1570). President Obama officially enacted the CHFA into law with his signature, today. This is a significant milestone towards a congenital heart disease (CHD) registry and increased research in CHD as a chronic disease that requires life-long care." -Taken from my email from The Adult Congenital Heart Association. Go here for the bill. In the bill, it states Many individuals with congenital heart disease are unaware that they require life-long specialized health sureillance (Page 3, Line 24)-- I was one of those individuals, at least until last year.

Today's POTD is : Bandit in the laundry. I emptied the hamper looking for a shirt, to make sure it was dirty, because it seems that I keep losing my clothes..... The little dog slept right thru everything. Playing with Trigger sure makes the doggie tired!!!

Love to all you bookworms -

0 post-its: