Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Motivate me!

Get Motivated! So, there was a great deal, a whole office for $19 or $4 a person. So, my mother-in-law got signed up, and she signed her husband up, and she asked if I wanted to go too. I said sure. So we woke up at like 5 AM, and went downt o SLC for a seminar. It was pretty cool. Mitt Romney was there (via satalite), he gave a good speech. Apolo Onto Ohno was there and he gave a great speech about not just getting glory out of your goal, but along the journey to your goal. Colin Powel gave an awesome speech about becoming a normal citizen after being a higher-up (it was good for Dave and I to hear, Dave is at home with no work, and I went from a full-time drafting job to working at the Rec Department....) and Colin Powel was funny!! Rudi Guilliani spoke about being prepared and making plans can make you prepared for the unexpected. Sarah Palin spoke about success, and she referred to Coach Wooden's pyramid of Success. She told how she was a high school basketball champion and all it took to reach that goal. Aside from them trying to sell us a bunch of stuff, the seminar was pretty good. {Not like reading a Get out of Debt book, that make me want to start making my own paper and cut up my wallet.} But we got home around 6:15, just in time for me to scorekeep the 2nd and 3rd games of the night. And the 2nd game went on for about 2 1/2 hours. It was awful!! But it was a good day, all in all.

This guy sang the national anthem.

This is America's Mayor, Rudi Guilliani.

This was our Q&A lunch, down in the "nice" seats, questions about the Wealth Magazine stock program they tried to sell us.

This was the dancing contest.

POTD for 6.9.10 is : getting motivated!

Love to all who have motivation!

0 post-its: