Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crafting in a cinch and Pizza

So, I saw on a craft blog a while back about a bracelet made from strips of fabric wrapped around some cording. I liked this idea a lot, so I decided to try it out. There's no tutorial for the bracelet, but there is a tutorial for an easter basket, so I decided to wing it. I really like how this bracelet turned out. I was excited when I found this because it looked pretty easy (and it was!!) and I needed some cheap and easy accesories. And making things is always better (and funner) than buying all kinds of bracelets and necklaces. I love this bracelet!! I cut 4 strips (12 inches long, 1 inch wide) of the red, and then I cute 2 strips (9 inches long, 1 inch wide), I sewed them together (the reds together length wise) and then sewed the patterned on wonky so they didn't line up. I then spun and twisted and made the fabric cute and scrunched around the cording. Anyways, I have more plans to make more and more of these, so get ready to see a bunch of these around my wrists!!

Ok, and now for the PIZZA!! In our first years of marriage, we've agreed that we will be poor (we've tried not to be, but, nothing works, so we're ok with being poor.) and in being poor, we need to be frugal. That means buying the cheapest pizza. CHEAPEST, not smallest or grossest. Tostinos or Tony's pizzas are just too small and too crappy to eat, so we go for the cheapest pizza always, some weeks its Red Baron, other weeks it's Tombstone, but either way, cheap!! (I usually buy at $3.33.) Well, in order for these cheap pizzas to satisfy my pallet, they need more than cardboard crust and paper cheese. So, we have made it tradition to add 1 small can of mushrooms, and add some cheese sprinkles (shredded cheese, usually the 3 blend mix) onto the pizza. These simple additions make this pizza so AMAZING! I love the pizza we have created!! So, here is a picture of our creation. (Seriously, I was trying to figure out how to make the pizza more enjoyable, and delicious BAM! Amazingness achieved!! Woot!



Tonight was bunko, it was pretty awesome! I love just hanging out with the girls! Sorry we missed some of you there tonight! It really was a good time!! PS: The time is 11:21 PM, early EARLY morning!! Ugh!

Love to all - Bry and Mark

0 post-its: