Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The glory that is Mod Podge!!

So I had a rough day today... Well work wasn't the rough part, it was when I got home to find the gate knocked down and the house completely terrorized. So, in order to release some anger, I decided to get creative with the Mod Podge. I had a few ideas that I wanted to try with out leftover wedding napkins. I have a ton of vases (1 year of marriage + a surgery/hospital stay = vases coming out my ears!) So I combined the two! (I still have at least one vase I want to try something with...) I like how this turned out, even though I probably won't be putting real flowers in it. Now I've got more ideas brewing... so we'll jut have to see... :)









Next, I have a whole bunch of Steno books that I write things down in. I have one for my Migraine Journal (exactly what it sounds like), one for my Crafty-ness-all my ideas are in this book, and one for the bank account-cuz I worry all the time and feel that writing it down will somehow make it all better.... And, even though I have written on them and doodled on them in permanent marker, I seem to keep grabbing the craft book when I'm reaching for my migraine log. (is that a sign?!) So I decided that, since I have tons of scrapbook paper around (never seems to get used....) and the wonderous bottle of Mod Podge, I would create an amazing book that is now attractive to the eyes.... :) The ugly no-color eye sore on the right, is the BEFORE picture. (Sorry for those of you who like how Steno books look, I look at them all day at work... ugh!!) And the glory that is on the left are the finished books!! (Mark came in and asked where I got the orange one and the green one. Silly boy should know I don't buy anything that looks like this anymore! I can make it!! Muaahahahha!) The orange one is my Migraine Journal, the green on is for the Money, and the napkin scrap one is for my Crafty-ness!!! Yay! I'm excited that these books turned out so cute! I'm glad all of this only took me a 1/2 hour! I'm excited for the little things in life that can change your day from bad to good!



Oh, one last thing. Mark had a softball game tonight. I went and wasn't all that excited about it, but about 1/2 way thru Mark came and sat by me and asked if I could start heckling the other team when they didn't swing at the pitch. I said Sure (I love to heckle and usually do when I'm feeling good.) So I started hollering at the opposite team "This isn't Co-Ed! You gotta swing at the pitches!" and "Don't break a nail now!!" and "Alright, sister, keep your eye on the ball." - now to most, these are rude and mean things to say, but these guys were not swinging at all! And it is common knowledge and practice to swing at pitches you can't hit and strike out, than to do the walk of shame to first base, come on, this is Men's Slow-pitch, it's not like it's baseball, or even competetive, might as wel put all of it out there! Well, the game was winding down, and the spectators for the next game started showing up. All the wives from the team have babies/kids, and most bring their kids when they come to watch their man. Well, there was this small group of people standing right behind the wives/moms and smoking. I can't stand the smell, and from the looks of nausea on the moms, neither can they. So I asked the moms if it was that bad for them too, they said yes. So I turned to this group and said "Excuse me, can you please move? It's the smoke, and there are babies." This lady shot back, "It's not hitting them, it's not hitting them, we can smoke if we want." I was real nice, and I was in a bad mood and everything! But the group moved, and they weren't quiet while they talked trash on how I asked them to move. Oh well, we can't all be friends, right? Two things I will never understand: Why do they allow smoking at parks that have a playground?!?!?!? And why do they allow smoking but I can't bring my dog?! If I ever have a pull in the government, I'm putting my money down to make that a law! NO SMOKING IN PARKS THAT HAVE A PLAYGROUND!! If you smoke, please be considerate and think of those around you. Imagine if I had my dog pee on your leg, you wouldn't like me sharing that with you, would you? Didn't think so. Ok, that's my rant for the week...



Doctor appointment in the morning... Oh joy! I'll be bringing my newly awesome'd Migraine journal!! Woot woot!



Love, bry and mark

3 post-its:

Jones'

So Cute! I love mod podge too! You are my kind of girl, I LOVE to craft to. I hope all goes well at the Dr. tomorrow, good luck:)

Michelle

Bry I LOVE the vase!!!!!

Piccolina Designs

Thanks again for making those smoke stacks move. I still don't understand how she could say it wasn't hitting us when it was making my eyes and throat tickle. I am all for you bringing Bandit and letting him mark his territory on inconsiderate people like that :)