Sunday, September 20, 2009

Discovery of a water hole.

So, the Bandit found out there is water in the bathroom, and it's right at his mouth level too! Yes, that is correct, I caught Bandit drinking out of the toilet today. I was sitting in the computer room, checking my fantasy football stats (I lost HORRIBLY this week, ugh!) and I heard this slurping of water coming from the hallway. I went up to go check, cuz I was pretty sure his water dish is outside, and sure enough, there he was, sitting with his head in the toliet, just drinking away! So I hollered at him to get out, and he ran strait for Mark, I blocked him and ran him outside! That little monster just tries to get into trouble, I think! This morning, Mark and I were enjoying being able to sleep in, church isn't until 1 pm, and all morning, Bandit just sat at the foot of our bed and whined and huffed, and barked at us. I finally shut him outside. And once we were up, he quit whinning, he didn't want us to play with him, he just wanted us to be up and awake. Rat dog!!

We went to his 2nd week of puppy class on Thursday, and we learned some new tricks. We learned DOWN and STAND and loose-leash walking. He picked up on DOWN almost right away and he does it on voice command and hand signals now. He's pretty awesome at it. He wasn't real quick on the STAND, but Mark and I don't mind, we figure we're never going to take him to a groomer, and why have him stand when you can have him sit? But the loose-leash walking is real good at. He always used to pull on the leash when we walk him , but the way the training is set up, he knows not to pull. He's been a good pup in the classes, although when other dogs are being noisy and getting attention, he starts to whine and huff. (I don't think the trainer is really fair, she pays more attention to the noisy dogs than to the dogs that are doing good, well, not really more, just not the same amount of attention. She finally learned Bandit's name last week, he hardly makes any noise until he notices the others dogs get attention when they bark.)

0 post-its: