Monday, February 22, 2010

Appointments and packing

Ok, so, I totally spaced writing about my year check up appointments. I think I mumbled something about it randomly in some post, but I can't remember, and I'm being lazy and NOT looking it up. But, I had the first appointment on Wednesday, the day of the party. But last Wednesday was my stress-test. And I'm going to say sorry right now, because I never explained it, so people were worried. Sorry for worrying you!! A stress test goes like this : They put a blood pressure cuff on you, then they stick a snorkle(hooked up to oxygen) in your mouth, then they plug your nose, and then they put you on a treadmill. Then every 3 minutes they speed up the treadmill and raise the incline. So I was drooling all over the place and I thought I would kick butt at this stress test. Well, come to find out, not excercising all this time totally worked against me, who knew? But yeah, right before the 3rd change (almost 9 minutes in) I got lightheaded and dizzy, so we stopped. Then I was able to go home. :) Today (Monday), I had appointment #2 which was an echo. It's like an ultrasound for your heart. So, all I had to do was lay there as this echo tech took pictures of my heart. It's actually pretty neat, and I'm thinking that when I grow up, that's what I want to do. {Watch out world, I've got a plan!!} I love looking at the screen and knowing "That's my heart!" and I like the look on people's faces when they listen to my heart for the first time. [All growing up, my cardiologist would parade in the med students, and they'd all go for a listen, some reactions were pretty priceless.] I'm thinking Rad Tech classes are going to be fun when we pair off to listen to each other's hearts..... ♥ 

Anyways, after the appointment, I think I packed some more. Yes, that's right, yes I did cuz I started packing the food in the kitchen and I planned out my meals for the week using meat and food that we have in the fridge. :) So far, the meal plan has stuck!

So POTD for Monday 2.22.2010 is : Boxes and how Bandit feels about boxes that he can't chew on!!

love to all you movers and shakers -

0 post-its: