Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12 days of Christmas Blessings

So, lately I have realized just how blessed we are. And I am trying hard to remember and count my blessings each day. (Although, I feel if I try to do an activity with counting my blessings, it will just fall by the wayside, just like Daily December book did.) I'm not sure what to do besdies blog every day about it, like I did for the 27 days of Thankful. Except I'm going to call it 12 Days of Christmas Blessings. (I am making this up as I go.) And for th record, I know it is technically day 10, but I'm going to catch up real quick. So be prepared for 2 posts a day again, just like November. (There might even be some repeats, so forgive me....)

Day 12 : I am blessed with friends. My friends are amazing, and wonderful and freaking awesome! I am a person that needs people, I need the interaction, and I need friends. I am so blessed to have the listening ear and the shoulder to lean on, friends I can rely and can rely on me. I absolutely adore my friends and am so lucky to know each and every one of you. You all have been such a blessing in my life, and have touched my heart in such a deep way, I cherish our relationship.

Day 11 : I am blessed with health. (Don't say YEAH RIGHT!) Even though 2009 has been kinda rocky with health issues, and I've still got headaches, and we're waiting to hear about the heart stuff in 2 months, I really am healthy. I don't have a cold, I don't have the flu, I don't have any broken bones, I don't have a disease, I'm emotionally healthy. Things are going good right now, and even though we did have that rough patch last year, I am blessed that it was able to get taken care of as soon as it did.

Day 10 : I am blessed in my situation. I am married to a wonderful, amazing, worthy, handsome man, who cherishes me and loves me for me. We have a cute little dog that we love and he loves us. We live in a home that has heat, electricity, and water, with a bed and a TV and blankets and a computer. We have food in our fridge, and dishes in our cupboard (sink...). We both have vehicles to drive, and insurance on them and us. We both have jobs that have not been effected by the recession. We both live the Gospel and believe the same thing, and take strength from each other. We have money in our bank account, and can pay our bills. We both honor each other and love and care for each other.

(So I know that I repeated from my 27 days of Thankful, but I like the idea of counting our blessings, even for a few days. It helps me to realize just how fortunate I am, and how wonderful my life is. I am NOT bragging, and I encourage everyone to take a step back and to count the blessings in your lives, you'll see how amazing it is, and you'll feel the love of Christ.)

Love to all - bry and mark

0 post-its: