Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back....

So, today is the 1st! I am so excited for a new year! A whole new chance to change things up, new opportunities, new choices, new ideas! I have tons of ideas already, and trust me, I plan on executing them in a timely and orderly fashion, not all at once during the last week of December like I did last year. For starters : I getting Project Life by Becky Higgins, and I am so very excited to do it! I am excited to write down everything that I do, and not just work, but activites Mark and I do, and things we do with the dog, even if it's just throwing his squeaky toy, or having him chase the laser pointer. But I am also very excited about blogging (I know!) but I'm excited because I talked to Mark, and I told him I wanted the blog to be more about US instead of ME, and I asked him if he would blog every now and then, he agreed. So, if you notice, at the bottom of this post (and the ones before is) all say POSTED BY THE GIRL, when Mark posts it will say POSTED BY SHARKDOG!! Now he will NOT be posting as much as I do, but when something interesting happens to him, he'll blog about it. :)



Mark, Kurt, and their dad are hunting in Nebraska, shooting me a deer!! They plan to return tomorrow sometime, which is good, cuz Sunday is my birthday!! And if'n he's not back by my birthday, I'll be fighting mad!! Haha, just kidding, but I can't eat all the cake, and he'd be sad if he didn't get any!! :) So, it's best if he gets home before my birthday (he gets cake, I get my birthday kiss!), plus I still need to get my New Year's kiss!!! I've been saving it for him.

I'm excited for the new year. I know that today was just like any other day, but just the feeling/idea of a NEW year, means that things can change. (I am fully aware that anything can change on ANY given day of the year.) There's just something refreshing about everybody starting over on the same day. More things changed in 2009 than they did in 2008, and we got married in 08. The surgery changed alot for us. Mark and I had been married for 4 months when we found out I needed the open heart surgery. And when we went in to talk to the doctors about what the procedure would entail, it really hit Mark. He realized ALL they would need to do to perform surgery on my heart, and it really changed his look on marriage. Not that it was going bad in anyway, but we both just realized how fragile this life is, and how important we are to eachother. I have been married to Mark for 18 months (on Dec. 19th) and I cannot think of my life without him, I cannot remember who I was, where I was headed or what I was doing before I met him. He has filled a part of my life that I didn't even know was empty. In going thru my surgery, and his mom's surgery, we try really hard to not take each other for granted, and to not be too serious about things. And to never let go of each other, never take the little moments for granted, never miss an oppotunity to kiss (even in church), to never hurt the other with words or looks, and to always smile. I am in no way suggesting for you to go out and find a life threatening situation to fix a realtionship, but when trials hit, the one person I know I can rely on is my eternal companion. We've come a long way in the past year, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Here's to 2010, more miracles, more trials and more adventures!!

Love to all - bry and mark

0 post-its: