Tuesday, November 17, 2009

27 days of Thankful - 17

Day 17 : I am thankful for a day off. Yesterday my computer was out sick, so I went home (I was so surprised at how much I could NOT do without my laptop!) and I made it to the Craft Day. Some girls at church had started a Craft Day, where they all get together at a different house each time, and make a craft. I'm never able to go, because it's usually at 9am, or sometime during the day. (I'm not real worried about, I work, it's all good.) But yesterday I was able to go! Now, I had made the craft (we made countdown blocks) the night before, so I didn't make anything while I was there, but I was able to help out with the kids and help some of the girls. I got a taste of what it would be like to stay home all day everyday. I think it's one of those things that takes some getting used to! I'm glad I have time before we start our family, but at the same time, I just can't wait!! I can't wait to stay home with my kids and change diapers and make lunches and get nothing done but make my baby smile. I know alot of girls say, things'll be differnt when I'm a mom, I'll get the house clean and I'll do dishes and laundry, and I'll make dinner and everything will be in order. I also know that none of that is going to happen when I have kids. I have such low expectations of accomplishment once I have kids, I don't expect my house to be clean, dishes to be done, or anything like that. But I am so very excited for kids, and being able to be home with my baby. BUT - that is a ways off, we've still got time. :) I am so thankful for my friends that stay home with their kids, they are freaking awesome and amazing! I am thankful that I was able to spend the day with them. Yay for days off!!

What are you thankful for today? Check out what Amanda is thankful for.

Love to all - bry and mark

1 post-its:

Amanda @ Serenity Now

I love my kids, but if I could go back, I'd tell you to ENJOY your time before they get here!!!