Saturday, November 7, 2009

Door knobs and escape routes

So, lately we have had to be pretty creative on keeping the puppy out of the living room, and now the house. We shut him out of the house Thursday and Friday (it was like 75 both days, so it didn't kill him or anything!) But as I was leaving Friday, he was jumping up on the back door (his paw prints are ALL over it!) and I noticed the latch door knob we have, was turning!! So I locked it. And we lock the front door too. We usually come in the back door, so we can pet our little doggie first thing! So, I get home, and he's so dang excited, so excited ini fact, that has chewed Mark's bowstring making string into a big knot! So, he was jumpy. But I get in, pet him, and then start looking at my keys for the house key.... No house key! Dang it! Mark had just called me, he had an emergency with work, some lady called with snakeS in her house, out in Boulder. So, I was stuck! But them I remembered, the window! (Mark had to climb in this window a few times before, when I lock all the doors. Once when I had gotten home from the hospital, all the doors were locked, and I really couldn't go thru the window (even though I am the first choice) I had just gotten home from open heart surgery!) So, I went in the thru window! Bandit was so confused! But he soon figured it out, when I came thru the back door to get my laptop and purse. Yup, one adventure after the other. What's that saying about : for every action there is an equal reaction? Oh wait here it is, from The Sword in the Stone!

Left and right
Like day and night
That's what makes the world go round
In and out
Thin and stout
That's what makes the world go round
For every up there is a down
For every square there is a round
For every high there is a low
For every to there is a fro
To and fro Stop and go
That's what makes the world go round
You must set your sights upon the heights
Don't be a mediocrity
Don't just wait and trust to fate
And say, "That's how it's meant to be.
"It's up to you how far you go
If you don't try you'll never know
And so my lad as I've explained
Nothing ventured, nothing gained
You see my boy it's nature's way
Upon the weak the strong ones prey
The human life it's also true
The strong will try to conquer you
That is what you must expect
Unless you use your intellect
Brains and brawn, weak and strong
That's what makes the world go round

Love to all - bry and mark

0 post-its: