Friday, November 20, 2009

27 Days of Thankful - 20

Day 20 : I am thankful for me. (I'm not being arrogant.) I am thankful that I am who I am, and that I know who I am. I am thankful that I am comfortable enough with myself to be me, and to not bend to the will or wants of others. It took me so long to figure this out. (I know I am not that old, but it felt like such a long time to figure it out!) I struggled so much with who I was and who my friends wanted me to be. I was very easily swayed into doing things and being things just to have friends and be accepted. I am so thankful that I have found out who I am, as a person, as a daughter of God, as a wife, as an individual. I am so thankful for being strong enough to do what I want and to tell people when I'm not going to do something. I am thankful that I have the confidence to be who I really am, to be what I have always wanted to be, to be who everyone knew I could be. (I am still working on that whole "be the person everyone knows you can be" but I can see that person, and I am working towards that. I am so grateful for friends who push me to be better and who raise me up, rather than bring me down. I am thankful for a husband who loves me for me, and married me because I was different than the other girls. I am thankful that he lets me be me. I am thankful to be defined by me as a person, rather than as a companionship, or someone's friend, to be known as Bry, and not just Mark's Wife. (Don't get me wrong, I love being called Mark's Wife, but I am glad that people also know me as Bry.) I am so thankful to the support and the strength from others to rise up to my potential, to realize who I am and who I can be. I am so thankful that I can be a follower and also a leader. I am thankful I can make my own choices and not be confined by the choices made by others. I am thankful I can say, I know with a true knowledge that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me, and He has a plan for me, and that He is aware of me and my life. I know that Mark and I are meant to be together, and I am so thankful he saw my potential, and that I figured out who I wanted to be when I met him. He has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for me.


What are you thankful for today? Check out what Amanda is thankful for!



Love y'all - bry & mark

1 post-its:

Amanda @ Serenity Now

Great post!!! :) It's wonderful to feel comfortable in your own skin and confident in what you believe. :)