Monday, November 9, 2009

27 Days of Thankful - 9

Day 9 : I am thankful for goals. Longterm goals (like a car and a house and going to Italy with Mark) and shortterm goals (like getting my Christmas presents made before the 24th of next month and making cookies by Wednesday and folding the laundry I washed yesterday.) Some friends of mine were talking about goals a while back, something called "30 before 30" and I thought that was pretty cool. So I made a goal list, the list is at home, and I am at work, so I'm going to list a few from memory, some of these are obviously long term, while some are either-or. Learn Italian (it's such a beautiful language!), start a family, prepare and maintain the spirit in my home to prepare for children, kill 1 edible animal and catch 1 picture-worthy fish, go to Italy, get out of debt, do my visiting teaching every month for a year, maintain my budget, pick 1 crafty project to do each month and blog about it, make a fondant cake, find at least 10 new recipes this year and implement them into my menu, go back to school. I like my goals, and I feel that they are very attainable. I don't think I put anything on there that I wouldn't normally do, maybe I put in an excercising one, but I can't remember, and I think it was something like, Walk the dog everyday. I am thankful that I have these things to help keep me going. These goals help me feel like I actually do something. (I know I do stuff, but some days -most days - it feels like I get up, go to work, come home and then head right to bed. Some days I don't even feel like cooking dinner! But if I come home, and start working on a craft, I love getting a project done, it doesn't matter if I've been working on that project for a month, in 20 minutes shifts, but I am so excited to get them done! Any bit of accomplisment is amazing!) So I am thankful for goals. And I am thankful that I have achieved one goal I have been dreaming about for my entire life : to find my eternal sweetheart and companion, that I have found the love of my life! I am so thankful for that! (I know that alot of my posts have been about Mark, but I really am so thankful for him, and who he is, and that I found him!)

What are you thankful for today? I love what Amanda is thankful for today!

Love, bry and mark

1 post-its:

Amanda @ Serenity Now

Thanks for linking up! Start your goals now, before you have kids...just trust me on this one. ;) Great list!!!